Best Friends Welcome!
If you are holidaying with your fur-baby we know you will be treating them like one of the family, looking for somewhere comfortable and safe to stay and play! Here at Daysy Hill we welcome clean, well behaved, housetrained dogs to stay, relax and explore with you.
Our cottages and cabins are well suited for you and your furry friend to relax - pets are unable to stay in our suites, sorry. Please bring your pooch’s own bedding and bowls to make them feel at home and to take away any temptation of laying on carpet, bedding or furniture.
We know your doggie is your baby so you will take them where ever you go, there are some cafés and restaurants in Port Campbell that allow pets and there are plenty of amazing walks and beaches in the area where they are welcome too. Please see the link below, provided by the local Information Centre for further details on visiting the National Parks and Reserves in the area.
Our biggest asset here at Daysy Hill are the gardens and wide open spaces to enjoy. You and your pet will love wandering and exploring our acreage. As our property is not fully fenced we recommend you keep your buddy close by and on a lead if needed, we have pets of our own and know that they can get a bit excited by new sights and smells!
We take great pride in the presentation and cleanliness of our property and ask that you and your pet extend us and fellow guests the same consideration during your stay.
We look forward to meeting you and your best friend!
Pet Friendly Guidelines
Wondering if Daysy Hill is the right place for you and your pet to stay while visiting Port Campbell?
If you are looking to holiday in Port Campbell with your pet please consider what our property offers. We appreciate all guests who plan to bring their dog to stay, contact us directly prior to booking to ensure everyone is happy and knows what to expect when they stay with us.
We warmly welcome clean, well behaved, house trained pets.
* Our Cottages and Cabins welcome pets - but not our Suites
* Our property is not fenced - bring your pets lead and take them for lovely walks through our gardens and into the paddocks
* Dogs are welcome to stay inside with you - but are not to be left unattended
* Bring your pets own bedding to make them feel safe and comfortable - our carpet, bedding and furniture is for humans only
* We do not apply extra charges as we find our property is respected & guests take extra care to clean up after their pets. We provide a vacuum cleaner & cleaning equipment in your cottage or cabin for your use. Thank you :-)
Where can I go and what can I do with my pet?
Port Campbell and the surrounding areas are full of nature, open spaces and wonderful places to explore. You and your dog are welcome at many of these places but not all. As Port Campbell and much of the surrounding coastline is National Park and home to many incredible native animals, dogs are strictly prohibited in some areas. You can leave your pet in your vehicle in the car parks at many of the main attractions such as the 12 Apostles making sure they are happy and safe.
We have put together an itinerary of pet friendly adventures you may wish to experience during your stay with us. The best reference is the visit12apostles.com.au link, including Map & Information Sheet. Please adhere to all signage along your adventures as things can change. If you are planning to dine out with your pet we advise contacting the operator directly, making a reservation and confirming your pet is welcome too as this can change seasonally.
Port Campbell - 1.6km (~2 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Off lead at Port Campbell Recreation Reserve on the Oval, lower level
- On lead wander through Port Campbell and the Headland Walk
- Dogs are not permitted on the beach, foreshore or estuary areas
- Sow & Piglets Brewery, a great spot for a beer and pizza with your best friend
Peterborough - 13km (~11 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Off lead at Peterborough Beach between the bridge and the monument at the carpark south of Irvine Park. Special Conditions - only before 9am and after 6pm between the 1st of December and 30th of April
- On lead walking trail and beaches between the Wild Dog Cove car park and Bay of Martyrs car park (but not the Bay of Martyrs beach to protect the Hooded Plovers)
Timboon – 15km (~13 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Stop in at Wylde Home Timboon for a coffee, you can do a bit of shopping while your pup enjoys a puppuccino and biscuit
- The Timboon Railway Distillery provides a water bowl for thirsty pets
- The Timboon Ice Creamery welcomes pets to join you for a delicious treat
- The Schulz Organic Creamery & Cafe has beautiful gardens where your pet can join you
- Timboon Bushland Reserve (Cowleys Creek) on lead trail
Princetown - 19km (~17 minute drive) from Port Campbell
- On lead Princetown Serpentine Boardwalk and Old Coach Road East between the Princetown Recreation Reserve and Serpentine Boardwalk
- On lead in the Princetown Recreation Reserve
Childers Cove - 36km (~29 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Sandy Cove, dogs are welcome on lead on the trail and beach
Dixie - 43km (~33 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Keayang Marr Cellar Door & Vineyard, overlooking the stunning Keayang Maar volcanic crater welcomes pets outdoors
Camperdown - 51km (~39 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Mount Leura & Mount Sugar Loaf walking trails on lead
- South Beach at Lake Bullen Merri on lead
- Camperdown Botanic Gardens on lead
Noorat - 56km (~44 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
Warrnambool - 62km (~47 minutes drive) from Daysy Hill
- Logans Beach off lead
- Main Beach from The Flume to Hopkins River off lead
- Main Beach between the Breakwater and The Flume on lead (prohibited from 1st December to 31st March)
- All other beaches, dogs permitted on lead (prohibited on the beach at Stingray Bay and the mouth of Merri River)
Johanna Beach - 64km (~1 hour drive) from Daysy Hill
- Johanna Beach Western Section between Johanna River and Western Bluff on lead
Beauchamp Falls - 73km (~1 hour 7 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- On lead 3km walk
Colac - 76km (~56 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- A great spot to stop on your way to or from Daysy Hill for a rest and to stretch your legs
- Colac Botanic Gardens
- Lake Colac Walk
- Old Beechy Rail Trail on lead. Colac to Wimba section open.
Beech Forest - 69km (~1 hour drive) from Daysy Hill
- Old Beechy Rail Trail on lead. Beech Forest to Ferguson section open.
Derrinallum - 87km (~1 hour 3 minute drive) from Daysy Hill
- Mount Elephant - Open Sundays, on lead walk
For a bit of down time your pup may also wish to pamper themselves :-)
Give us a call or send us an email to make a booking or with any questions you may have and we will do our best to provide you with as much information as we can to help plan your stay. Thanks :-)